Sedgwick County...working for you


  • Director Adrienne Byrne-Lutz, MS

    Adrienne Byrne-Lutz, MS

    p. 316.660.7070
    Toll Free: 800.527.0709
    f. 316.383.7553

    EMERGENCY 9-1-1

    1015 Stillwell
    Wichita, KS 67213

    HOURS: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon-Sun

  • Animal Control Officer

Animal Control

City of Wichita Residents

If you live in the City of Wichita, you will need to contact Wichita Animal Control at 316-350-3360.

Dog licenses

Owners of dogs must obtain a license from Sedgwick County if the owner resides in the unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County. Otherwise, licenses must be obtained from the owner’s municipality. Ask your veterinarian for help obtaining a license or you can follow the steps below.

Obtaining a License:

  1. Annual county dog licenses can be purchased from your area veterinarian at the time of the rabies vaccination.
  2. Visit Sedgwick County Animal Control at 1015 Stillwell in Wichita and fill out the license form – call 660-7070 to schedule an appointment.
  3. Bring the vaccination certificate from your vet.
  4. Bring the appropriate license fee payment - $12 for a spayed or neutered dog and $22 for a non-spayed or non-neutered dog. Cash or checks are accepted.
  5. Be prepared to provide your name, address and phone number.
  6. Be prepared to sign a statement that the dog has never previously been determined to be a dangerous or vicious animal.

Report an Animal Issue

    Call 660-7070 to report an issue involving animals in the unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County and these cities:

  • Andale
  • Bentley
  • Cheney
  • Colwich-316-729-1025*
  • Garden Plain
  • Haysville- 316-529-5912*
  • Kechi
  • Peck
  • Viola
  • BelAire - 316-744-6000*

*These cities require you to report to local law enforcement prior to calling Sedgwick County Animal Control.

Winter and Animals

Sedgwick County...working for you

Mission: To assure quality public services that provide for the present and future well-being of the citizens of Sedgwick County.