4th District - Richard Ranzau
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
Richard Ranzau was elected to the Board of Sedgwick County Commissioners in 2010 and began his first term as the 4th District commissioner in January 2011. Mr. Ranzau was elected by the BOCC to serve as the Chairman of the Board for 2015.
Commissioner Ranzau graduated from Wichita State University.
Some of Commissioner Ranzau's priorities include fiscal responsibility, protecting property rights, promoting citizen involvement and supporting term limits.
Prior to his election, Commissioner Ranzau was a physician's assistant with a local orthopedic surgeon, is retired from the Army Reserves and is a veteran of the Persian Gulf and Iraq Wars.
Commissioner Ranzau is active in the community and is a member of several organizations, including American Academy of Physician Assistants, Kansas Academy of Physician Assistants, Americans for Prosperity, National Rifle Association, Veterans of Foreign Wars - Post 112, and the North American Fishing Club.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family, sports, fishing and gun collecting. He is a member of Westlink Christian Church, and he and his wife have three children.
Ranzau's Readings and Videos
Below is a list of articles Commissioner Ranzau recommends.
- School Choice Week Proclamation
- 2015 Sedgwick County Chairman's Award - Bishop Wade Moore Jr.
- "Gold and Economic Freedom" by Alan Greenspan
- Eight Reasons to Cut Federal Aid to the States
- Number of Aid Programs for States, Municipalities Triples in 25 Years
- "Debt, Charting the Economy, Part 5" by Financial Sense
- "The Lehman Brothers Plan" by Mark Thorton
- TSA Information Kit
- Do Intergovernmental Grants Create Ratchets in State and Local Taxes? Testing the Friedman-ÂSanford Hypothesis*
- Gun Control - White Man's Law
- The Racist Roots of U.S. Gun Control
- The Racist Roots of Gun Control
- Failures of Economic Development Incentives
- Sustainable Planning Grants and UN Agenda 21
Below is a list of books Commissioner Ranzau recommends.
- "Behind the Green Mask" by Rosa Koire
- "How Capitalism Saved America" by Tomas J. DiLorenzo
- "What Has Government Done to Our Money?" by Murray N. Rothbard
- "Unstoppable Global Warming" by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery
Or, take a look at these videos recommended by Commissioner Ranzau.
- Milton Friedman on Phil Donahue (1979) - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5
- The American Form of Government
- Erskine Bowles Testifies on 'the Most Predictable Economic Crisis' in History