This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Discussion of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, County Manager Tom Stolz
- Elizabeth Ablah, PhD, MPH, Department of Population Health at the University of Kansas School of Medicine spoke about the types of COVID-19 tests.
- Types include: viral, antigen, and antibody tests.
- She explained the differences between each test.
- Dr. Ablah discussed her preliminary evaluation of two different proposals for CARES funding for testing-related projects. She indicated that additional information was needed, and that she will work with staff to acquire that information and complete her evaluation.
- Lindsay Poe Rousseau, CFO updated the Commissioners on CARES funding.
- Commissioners voted to table the CARES spending plan related to assistance to bars/nightclubs due to the closure order, with a CARES-funded business support program proposal to come before the Commission on August 12
- Commissioners voted to allocate a flat rate per student + $100,000 for the 10 school districts headquartered in Sedgwick County and private accredited K-12 schools
View the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoysDCma6U4.
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kate Flavin at (316) 660-9370.