This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Assistant County Manager Tania Cole gave an update regarding the reopening of County facilities to the public.
- The Main Courthouse and Juvenile Courthouse will be open for normal hours effective May 26.
- Court Hearings will be appointment only.
- A health screening questionnaire will be given before entering the building and facemasks will be issued to visitors.
- Employees will wear masks while working closely with the public and while in public common areas.
- Other facilities will see phased openings now through July 3.
- Please visit www.sedgwickcounty.org to find specific details regarding the County department or program agency or facility with which you plan to do business.
- The Board received a Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act update from Chief Financial Officer Lindsay Poe Rousseau and Deputy County Manager Tim Kaufman.
- The Board approved up to $250,000 in spending authority for a mobile COVID-19 testing service, including costs for:
- Vehicle procurement
- Hiring staff
- Supply procurement
- Commissioners declared May 17 - 23, 2020 as Emergency Medical Services Week in Sedgwick County.
- Commissioners declared May 17 - 23, 2020 as National Public Works Week in Sedgwick County.
View the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nm4OEUuRps
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kate Flavin at (316) 660-9370.