This Week in Sedgwick County - January 20, 2021
Board of County Commissioners
- Board appointments: Jaimie Buster, Fourth District Citizens Advisory Board; Kim Daley, Mental Health Advisory Board; Martha Linsner, Public Building Commissioner; 10 members to the Fifth District Citizens Advisory Board.
- There was a public hearing to consider amending the boundaries of the Aerospace Industrial District.
- There were no public comments.
- The amendment removes certain parcels from the District.
- Commissioners received an updated on the Risk Management Program.
- The employee safety survey will be open for employees to complete.
- The 2021 Safety Slogan is, “In Twenty Twenty-One, Safety is Number 1!”
- A grant for $178,252 for the Department on Aging was approved.
- The comprehensive operations and technology feasibility study will assess service characteristics, operating model, and technology.
- A Request for Proposals (RFP) will be conducted to find a vendor to conduct the survey and results are expected to be delivered by the end of 2021.
- A Citizens Advisory Board for District 2 was approved.
View the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKti942se8
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kate Flavin at (316) 660-9370.