This Week in Sedgwick County - July 14, 2021
Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioners approved a resolution modifying Section 16-73 of the Sedgwick County code to reflect revisions to the membership of the Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board.
- Commissioners adopted a resolution creating a benefit district in Sedgwick County, Kansas and authorizing road improvement therein (Cherese Woods Addition-Phase 2).
- Commissioners received the County Manager’s 2022 Recommended Budget. A public forum is available on our website, https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/finance/budget/2022-recommended-budget/. Comments regarding the budget will be accepted until 5 p.m., Tuesday, August 24.
- Commissioners authorized the publication of the maximum property tax levy to fund the 2022 budget and notice of the public hearings at 6 p.m. on August 5, 2021 and 9 a.m. on August 25, 2021.
- Commissioners approved the recommendations of the Board of Bids and Contracts July 8, 2021 regular meeting (items 1 and 2 and deferred item 3 until all Commissioners could be briefed).
- Commissioners took no action following an executive session.
- Congratulations to the 2021 Sedgwick County Mini MPA graduates.
- If you are a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) borrower and struggling to make mortgage payments due to COVID-19, help is available to assist with keeping your home. The FHA has recently extended the deadline for requesting forbearance to July 31, so there is still time for eligible residents to take action. For more information and to see if you qualify, please visit https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus/resources_for_homeowners.
- Watch the full BOCC Meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hTsaM6CFU