This Week in Sedgwick County - June 2, 2021
Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioners voted to send Item I (21-26990), back to the Wichita-Sedgwick County Metropolitan Area Planning Department (MAPD), a county zone change resolution to SF-20 single family residential on property, located East of South 167th Street West and within one-half mile South of West 4th Street (16011 W Shade St.).
- In a 4 to 1 vote, Commissioners approved a conditional use to allow camper and boat storage on property zoned RR rural residential in Goddard (19721 W. 6th Street South).
- Commissioner received and filed the service plan for the City of Derby unilateral annexation resolution 02-2021.
- Commissioners voted to approve the Prairie Lakes redevelopment district, tax increment financing, in District 4, Valley Center.
- Sedgwick County is holding two Health and Hazardous Waste Remote Collection sites in June. Residents who attend the collection are asked to remain in their vehicle while staff unloads material. Please contact Sedgwick County Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 660-7464 or visit sedgwickcounty.org.
o Textron Beechcraft, Saturday, June 5, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
o East campus – parking Lot E, Gate C6, 10059 E. Central (1/2 mile east of Webb Road on Central).
o Spirit Aerosystems, Saturday, June 19, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (please use the MacArthur Street entrance).