This Week in Sedgwick County - May 12, 2021
Board of County Commissioners
- A proclamation declaring Emergency Medical Services Week was adopted.
- A resolution was adopted appointing members to the Sedgwick County Second District Advisory Board: Dr. William D. Hammers, Spender Dean, Jr., Jenny Kim Duong, Martha Ann Pint, Nicole Helms, Tabitha Lehman, Dr. John K. Burke, Manuel P. Lopez, Dr. Susan Parkinson Norton, Jan Marple, Anthony Lee Gonzales, Leslie Anne Namee.
- Commissioners received and filed a Department of Corrections recidivism update within the County, and a presentation of the Quarterly Financial Report.
- Commissioners received a report from Watkins Public Strategies on the 2021 Legislative Platform.
- Commissioners approved a letter of support for WSU/KU Health Science Facility downtown.
- Please join us virtually at 5 p.m. Thursday, May 20 as we celebrate Recruits from Class 2101 who will be graduating from the Sedgwick County Fire District 1 (SCFD1) Academy. The ceremony will be live streamed on SCFD1’s Facebook Page and Sedgwick County’s YouTube Channel
- Watch WSU signing day video here: https://youtu.be/9TxBg2Zc9NA
- Watch the full BOCC meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L650K9pcHQ