This Week in Sedgwick County - November 12
Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioners approved the installation of bipolar ionization machines in 22 County facilities; the project cost is estimated to be $823,900.
- A request from the Health Department for 52 additional staff including disease investigators and medical triage line specialists was approved.
- In total, Sedgwick County has spent roughly $43.5 million related to COVID-19.
- So far, the County has spent $36.6 million from the CARES Act; this is $600,000 million more than last week. Expenses included personnel costs, security services, and cleaning services.
- So far, 536 safe operating grants have been allocated to the community totaling $2.6 million.
- Today, Commissioners approved $3.5 million from the public health and social service non-profit awards to Ascension Via Christi and Rock Regional Hospital.
- So far a total of $17.2 million has been allocated to these local non-profits.
- An update on testing was provided to BOCC. Testing has increased and the Health Department continues to use various labs to complete the tests.
View the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTaVtYMUB44
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kate Flavin at (316) 660-9370.