This Week in Sedgwick County - October 14
Board of County Commissioners
- Board appointments: Gage Woodard to Park Township Board Treasurer.
- A post-annexation hearing for the City of Derby was set for November 18. 2020.
- Three years following an annexation it is required that the Board review the service plan. Derby annexed two parcels in November 2017.
- There was a discussion of the CARES Act.
- The portal for non-profits to apply for funding is reopened and available for other, health or social services organizations.
- Roughly $6 million is still available to community organizations.
- More than $11 million has been approved for public health and social services agencies.
- The safe operating grant portal is open to businesses and to other non-profits, not related to social services or public health.
- Businesses and non-profits are able to pick up PPE kits at no cost from Sedgwick County.
- Information about the kits and a request form can be found here.
- Commissioners voted to delay a contract with WSU for the molecular lab for a special meeting later this week.
- So far, Sedgwick County has spent almost $27 million related to COVID-19; of that, almost $22 million comes from CARES funds.
- Commissioners approved a lease for space at the Epic Center for additional staff related to the County’s COVID-19 response.
- Commissioners discussed an off-agenda item related to CARES funding in Topeka.
- Commissioners will review a request from the Wichita Regional Chamber to sign a letter to KDHE in support of testing and testing conducted by WSU.
- The Sedgwick County Health Department’s drive-through sample site will be open from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, October 17.
- Residents can be tested at no cost for COVID-19 by appointment regardless of symptoms. Appointments can be made by dialing United Way of the Plains at 2-1-1. Walk-ins will not be allowed on Saturday.
View the meeting here: (9 a.m.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LEBVvG4-0
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kate Flavin at (316) 660-9370.