This Week in Sedgwick County - September 16, 2020
Board of County Commissioners
- A proclamation declaring September 17 - 23, 2020 as Constitution Week was adopted.
- Commissioners approved a conditional use to permit expansion of oil drilling and production on land in District 1.
- There was a discussion of the CARES Act.
- Commissioners voted to add a sentence to the small business agreements that businesses must comply with local health orders to receive funding.
- The Board approved $894,750 for technology needs for the 18th Judicial District Court.
- CARES spending now totals $19.7 million. These funds have been used for hero pay, cleaning services, Health Department testing, and technology, and support to local cities and schools. School districts that applied for CARES funding received their request in full.
- Commissioners sent a request to Dr. Minns to remove the curfew for bars and restaurants from 11 p.m. to midnight.
- Three dump trucks were approved for Sedgwick County Public Works.