- To reduce recidivism and promote public safety each program shall complete a program review every three years to strengthen use of core correctional practices and evidence-based programs. Performance measures and outcomes will be reported annually in the DOC Strategic Plan and made available to the public on the Sedgwick County website.
- To implement a new database replacement with ongoing support to maintain a high quality management system and data in all department programs.
- To continue to make the training program a priority for the Department of Corrections in use of core correctional practices and evidence-based programming. DOC shall continue to strive to be a culturally competent organization by providing training to all personnel promoting understanding, respect, fairness and inclusion of persons of different backgrounds in our workplaces and programs.
- To complete strategic planning and align the DOC mission, guiding principles, goals and practices with Sedgwick County Strategic Plan and policies.
- To plan and successfully implement the Department of Corrections five (5) Core Quality Standards.
- To improve recruitment, retention and hiring practices within the Department of Corrections by increasing the number of qualified applicants for vacancies, recruitment for minority applicants and being more consistent with the hiring process.