Request an On-Site Vaccine Clinic
Thank you for reaching out to the Sedgwick County Health Department (SCHD) regarding an on-site COVID-19 vaccination clinic at your workplace. Vaccinations are an important component of a healthy, productive workforce. Below are a few options for you and your employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
1. Host a SCHD vaccine clinic at your worksite – Sedgwick County resident responses in a recent survey indicated interest in receiving vaccine at the workplace. SCHD will arrange the details and provide the vaccinators and support staff. The clinic is no cost to you or your employees. If you are interested in hosting a vaccine clinic, please contact Carter James, COVID-19 Vaccine Planning Manager, at (316) 660-0973 or email@example.com. Below is a list of things that are required to host a vaccine clinic, as well as additional recommendations for a successful vaccine experience.
- Adequate space for social distancing during queue, vaccination and observation
- Restrooms with working handwashing stations
- Adequate lighting, if indoors
- Public access entrance
- Ample power, if indoors
- Ability for a quick EMS response (how the medics will get to vaccine clinic if needed)
- An estimate on amount of individuals wanting to receive a vaccine
- Separate entrance and exit
- Tables and chairs available to use
- Separate break-off rooms to be used for pharmacy and quiet room (EMS Room)
- Social media to promote the vaccine clinic
2. Work with a partner pharmacy - Contact the partner pharmacies listed below to assist in vaccinating your employees at the workplace.
Point of Contact: Mandilyn Coffman or Ashley Shogren
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Phone: 316-962-4210 or 316-729-6000
Point of Contact: Emily Blew
Phone: N/A (wants to be contacted by email)
Point of Contact: Renee Price
Point of Contact: Sloane Freeman
Leekers Family Pharmacy
Point of Contact: Bill Stoner
3. Send your employees to SCHD vaccination clinics around the County - SCHD offers the following no-cost, walk-in vaccine clinic options around Sedgwick County:
- Main Vaccine Clinic at the former Wichita Public Library | 223 S. Main, Wichita, KS 67202
- Mobile Clinics are offered by SCHD staff
- Partner Clinics are offered by community partners and assisted by SCHD staff. Appointments preferred but walk-ins are welcome
- Event Clinics are vaccine clinics offered at events in Sedgwick County.
For a list of all SCHD clinics, visit the SCHD website at www.sedgwickcounty.org/covid-19/vaccine.
4. Send your employees to other vaccination clinics: To find a vaccine clinic nearby, visit https://vaccines.gov/search/ and enter a ZIP Code. Check with a medical provider or community health center to find out if they offer COVID-19 vaccine.
There is no cost for the COVID-19 vaccines, and health insurance is not required. Some vaccine providers ask if a person has health insurance to recoup the vaccine administration cost from the insurer. The Pfizer vaccine is available to people age 12 and older; the J&J and Moderna vaccines are available to people age 18 or older. Any no-cost option you choose for vaccinating your employees helps the community stay healthy.