Licensed Medical Professionals Needed
If you are a licensed medical professional, the Sedgwick County Health Department requests your help. Volunteers are needed to assist at the COVID-19 testing sites as more sampling supplies are available to the County.
Healthcare professionals in nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, phlebotomy and laboratory science interested in volunteering their time need to contact MRC@sedgwick.gov. Volunteers are needed on average two hours daily Monday through Friday. Volunteers can choose in advance which days to work.
Learn more about the Medical Reserve Corps here.
Sedgwick County Health Department Ambassador Program
WHAT IS AN AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors are volunteers with a passion to engage their community about COVID-19. As a Sedgwick County Health Department (SCHD) Ambassador, you build vaccine confidence and knowledge, and correct misinformation and widespread myths in your community
Ambassadors will interact in neighborhoods, community centers, and religious institutions where you live, work, and play.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Thank you for helping end the COVID-19 pandemic by providing factual vaccine information, the knowledge needed to become vaccinated, and encouragement to others.
Our best path out of the COVID-19 pandemic is though COVID-19 vaccination and testing.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE SCHD AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
- Relevant training that includes:
- COVID-19 vaccine and testing information
- Myths and facts
- Conflict resolution skills
- Practice conversations
- Hear how other Ambassadors are encouraging their friends, families, and community members
- Volunteer hours
- Public speaking experience
- Great resume builder for future jobs
- Become a trusted source in your community
- Padfolio with Sedgwick County seal, and an official Ambassador T-shirt!