The Sedgwick County Micro-Loan program is designed to assist to low-and moderate-income small business owners by providing loans and technical assistance to establish or expand businesses in Sedgwick County and help ensure success over time.
Loan Funds May Be Used For:
- Startup equipment
- Expansion equipment
- Increasing inventory
- General working capital
- Up to $15,000 for an existing or start-up business
- No limit on total project debt
- Other funds available through companion programs for projects that qualify
Applications are available on the South Central Kansas Economic Development, Inc.’s (SCKEDD) website at www.sckedd.org.
Sedgwick County works with the SCKEDD to provide ongoing technical assistance to business owners in the Micro-Loan Program, at no cost to the borrower when a SCKEDD micro-loan is received. Technical assistance may extend to many areas including, but not limited to the following:
- Accounting and accounting software applications
- Set up
- Help with monthly statements
- Marketing and marketing research
- Brochure design
- Advertising design and consultation
- Employee issues
- Interest rate is 8 percent
- Sedgwick County funds can be partnered with funds from other loan programs
- Owner and/or employees must be considered in the low- to moderate-income level
- The business may be located anywhere in Sedgwick County, except the city of Wichita
- Closing costs vary
- No penalty for pre-payment of the loan
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
- Collateral and credit history are taken into consideration but are not the sole determining factor for a micro loan.
For More Information:
Sedgwick County Micro-Loan Program
South Central Kansas Economic Development District, Inc.
Sutton Place (Downtown Wichita)
209 E. William, Suite 300 (across from the State Building)
Wichita, Kansas 67202-4035 Christie@sckedd.org
Economic Development & Tax System Director, Sedgwick County Division of Finance
p: (316) 660-9231
f: (316) 383-7729
525 N. Main, Suite 823
Wichita, KS 67203
The partnership between Sedgwick County and SCKEDD allows SCKEDD to provide technical assistance and training to the micro-loan borrower both before and after the business starts up.