Expedited Plan Review
Key requirements to qualify for this expanded project review option include:
First time project plan reviews done in half the normal projected timeframe—guaranteed.
- If we fail to meet our agreed date of completion for comments back to the applicant, then the additional upcharge fee will be refunded with the standard review timeframe applying.
- Projects having a valuation of over $325,000 qualify for consideration. Examples: $325,001 to $3,000,000 done in 9 business days; $3,000,001 to $10,000,000 done in 13 business days and $10,000,001 or more done in 15 business days.
- Application for expedited plan review requires participation in a predevelopment meeting to discuss the scope of the project.
- Applicant must agree to a specific submittal date to ensure that MABCD has sufficient capacity to complete the review in the determined timeframe. MABCD will review plan review work schedules, then determine if the proposed project can be accepted under this program. It may require adjusting the submittal timeline to accommodate the request.
- Complete project plans that do not have any outstanding site and/or land use issues are required as a condition of acceptance for this option.
- Complete site, architectural and engineering drawings
- All zoning, platting, land use, water quality/drainage, private projects for utilities, flood and FAA approvals shall be finalized at the time of project submittal. If the project is submitted with unresolved conditions, then the review will be moved to the standard review timeframe based on project valuation.
- For further information on required project content, click on the following link: /media/57255/plan-content-guide-05-27-20.pdf
- The expedited plan review fee is an additional 75% of the standard plan review fee payable at the time of application. Click on the following link for access to the MABCD webpage: https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/mabcd/ then select “Building Plan/Permit Fee Calculator” for information on standard permit and plan review fees.
- This option is for expedited plan review and does not guarantee that a building permit will be issued.
Application: Expedited Plan Review application
- Application approved.
- We’ll be in contact to set up a day and time for the expedited plan review predevelopment discussion.
- The response will indicate who to contact to get the meeting setup and what information should be provided for the meeting.
- You can request the meeting to be in person, by virtual access or a combination of both.
- Application denied
- An explanation of the reason for denial will be outlined with what steps are necessary to qualify for this review option.
- Request for additional information in order to make a determination on your application.
- An e-mail response will specify what additional information is necessary so that a determination can be made.
We appreciate your interest in project development in Sedgwick County and look forward to assisting you in any way we can.
If you have any questions, please let us know by e-mail or phone (316-660-1840).