Owners of dogs must obtain a license from Sedgwick County if the owner
resides in the unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County. Otherwise, licenses
must be obtained from the owner’s municipality. Ask your veterinarian for
help obtaining a license or you can follow the steps below.
Obtaining a License:
- Visit Sedgwick County Animal Control at 1015 Stillwell
in Wichita and fill out the license form – call 660-7070 to
schedule an appointment.
- Write down your dog’s vaccination tag number from the
metallic tag and bring it with you.
- Bring the vaccination certificate from your vet.
- Bring the appropriate license fee payment - $12 for a
spayed or neutered dog and $22 for a non-spayed or
non-neutered dog. Cash, checks and credit cards are
- Be prepared to provide your name, address and phone
- Be prepared to sign a statement that the dog has never
previously been determined to be a dangerous or vicious
Report an Animal Issue
Call 660-1840 to report an issue involving animals in the unincorporated areas
of Sedgwick County and these cities:
- Bel Aire
- Garden Plain
- Valley Center