1st District - Pete Meitzner
District 1 Citizens Advisory Board Meetings
Agendas and Minutes - 3rd Monday of each month (unless rescheduled by CAB)
- Jan. 10, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- Feb. 28, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- March 21, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- April 18, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- May 16, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- June 20, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- July 18, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- Aug. 15, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- Sept. 19, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
- Oct. 17, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes will be posted once approved.
- Nov. 21, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes will be posted once approved.
- Dec. 19, 2022 - CANCELLED
Pete Meitzner began his first term as a Sedgwick County Commissioner representing District 1 in January 2019. Prior to serving as a Commissioner, he represented Wichita District II as a City Councilmember for seven years.
A lifelong resident of Wichita, Pete attended Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School before graduating from Wichita State University. He was employed with the banking industry in Wichita for thirteen years before venturing into the world of entrepreneurship when he started a telecom company that eventually went public.
Pete’s experience with budgeting, and his knowledge of the community are necessary for keeping our community moving in a positive and fiscally responsible direction. His previous business experience allows him to work closely with numerous State, County, and City governments across the United States, and has provided him firsthand knowledge and insight on various ways for effectively running local government. Pete also serves on numerous non-profit boards, and other community boards.
He is committed to helping Sedgwick County and the Wichita region become an even greater place to live and work. He plans to expand his service to our community and make a positive impact on our county and its residents.
Pete is married to his wife of 30+ years, Suzi Meitzner; they have two children, a son and a daughter.