Areas of Responsibility:
- Acquire goods and services to support county departments - totaling approximately $150 million annually - for the best possible price, while being prudent with taxpayer dollars.
- Provide and ensure that the purchasing process is open, fair, competitive, and provides opportunities for all interested vendors.
- Promote vendor participation in County business through education and outreach to all vendors interested in providing goods and services for Sedgwick County.
- Maintain and manage more than 300 commodity contracts on behalf of departments and vendors who have been awarded contracts.
- Vendor training - Vendor Training Sessions take place on the third Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. at 525 N. Main, Room 823, Wichita, Kansas. Vendors may contact Purchasing at (316) 660-7255 to register to attend a training session. Walk-ins are welcome, although registration is preferred as room size capacity is limited.
- Board of Bids and Contracts
- Requests for Bids and Proposals
- Awarded Contracts
- Vendor ACH Enrollment Information
- Previous RFBs/RFPs
- View Current Construction Projects
- Bidder Registration
- Legal Notifications
Tax Exempt Information
Sedgwick County is exempt from paying Kansas sales tax. To receive a copy of the County's tax exempt certificate, please contact the Finance Department at 316-660-7255.
Purchasing Staff Contacts
Joseph Thomas – CPSM, C.P.M. – Purchasing Director
Phone: (316) 660-7265
Areas of Responsibility: Medical, Dental, Life & Vision, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Consulting Contracts Professional Services Contracts, County Manager Special Projects
Josh Lauber - Senior Buyer
Phone: (316) 660-7150
Areas of Responsibility: Appliances, Audio/visual, Book binding & printing, Construction/remodel, Election/voter, E-waste recycling, Facilities - HVAC, plumbing, electrical, architectural services, elevators, FF&E, painting, fencing, roofing & doors, Furniture, IT - hardware & software, Office supplies, copy paper & copiers, Mail services, Parks & playgrounds, Photography & aerial photography, Radios & telecom, Security & alarm systems, Shredding services
Lee Barrier - Purchasing Agent
Phone: (316) 660-7258
Areas of Responsibility: Aircraft Maintenance & Fuel, Fire - accessories and supplies, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Engineering Consult Services, Corrections, Demolition, Housing, Human Resources - memberships, Public Works - aggregates, roads & bridges, traffic control, flood control, Remediation Services, Trash, Uniforms
Britt Rosencutter - Purchasing Agent
Areas of Responsibility: Animal control, Armored vehicle services, Custodial services & supplies, Fuel, oils & other automotive liquids, Groundskeeping equipment & services, Human services, Pest control, Snow removal services, All vehicles, heavy equipment, parts, supplies, services & tires
Jaimee Witmer - Purchasing Agent
Phone: (316) 660-7267
Areas of Responsibility: Ammunition & firearms, Communications & public relations consulting, Financial services & surplus, Human Resources - educational training services & temporary personnel services, Law enforcement equipment & supplies, Medical equipment & services, Mortuary services, Recycling services, Signage
DeAnna Hutton - Administrative Specialist
Phone: (316) 660-7266
Areas of Responsibility: Advertisement, Imaging, Office management, Legal contract management, RFP Support, Website management
Chris Hoppman - Purchasing Technician
Phone: (316) 660-7263
Areas of Responsibility: Mail distributions, Telephone/front desk, vendor management, technical support, and backup for other support staff
Vacant - Purchasing Technician
Phone: (316) 660-7240
Areas of Responsibility: Bid Opening, Bid Board, vendor management, technical support, and backup for other support staff