Vendor ACH Enrollment Information

Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments provide an alternative to paper checks, affording you the following advantages:

The National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) regulates the ACH network, a nationwide payment and collection system. Instead of using paper to carry necessary transaction information, the ACH network processes, delivers and settles electronic credits and debits among financial institutions.

Enroll in ACH

Please contact and request to sign up for ACH.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started?

Contact the Finance Department for ACH Deposit of Vendor Payment form and then contact your financial institution and ask for the ACH department.

Where do I find the transit/routing number for my bank?

The bank transit/routing number is a nine-digit MICR-encoded number on the bottom of your checks.

Check image showing location of 9 digit bank routing number.

What information does my financial institution need?

Can my financial institution charge me for this service?

Yes, your financial institution is allowed to charge you for providing remittance information. Most financial institutions provide this notice as part of their regular customer service or charge a small fee. Check with your financial institution before you start the ACH enrollment process.

Will all of my payments be ACH’s? What if I want a check?

Sedgwick County’s financial accounting system establishes your method of payment by your County-assigned vendor number. If you select ACH as your preferred method of payment, all future payments from the County will be electronically paid to your financial institution based on your ACH enrollment instructions. If you want to cancel your ACH electronic payment authorization, contact Department of Finance for Authorization for ACH Deposit of Vendor Payment form; fill out the cancellation section of the form and mail or fax the form to our Accounts Payable Department.

What should I do if I change account numbers or financial institutions?

If you want to change your ACH electronic deposit authorization, please complete another Authorization for ACH Deposit of Vendor Payment form; check the appropriate box for Financial Institution or Account Change. Mail or fax the change form to our Accounts Payable Department at the address or fax number shown on the form.

How long does the ACH enrollment process take?

Once the Authorization for ACH Deposit of Vendor Payment Form is received by the Accounts Payable Department, about three weeks is required to establish the electronic funds transfer process. During this time, our system is updated and tested. Immediately following successful ACH enrollment, you may receive payments by either check or ACH. This is because the County’s accounts payable system will process documents set up prior to your ACH enrollment as checks.

What information does the County send with my ACH payment? How will I get it?

How do I find out if an ACH payment has occurred?

If you need to contact us, you may email or call our Accounts Payable team at 316.660.7149. We’ll respond promptly.

Help us help you!

Other Questions?

E-mail or call our Accounts Payable Team at (316) 660-7149.