March 14, 2018
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Board appointments: Ms. Alta Segovia and Ms. Treatha Brown-Foster, Sedgwick County Mental Health Advisory Board; Ms. Simone Ward, Sedgwick County Animal Care Advisory Board; Mr. Rob Benton, nominated to the Wichita Airport Advisory Board.
- Ms. Diana Mansouri was recognized for her 30 years of service to Sedgwick County.
- During her tenure, she proposed and implemented the safety coordinator position within Risk Management, served in the position with enthusiasm, and advocated for safety committees throughout the organization.
- An off-agenda item was brought up regarding the 2018 property valuations. The Appraiser’s Office sent notices to 142,500 property owners in Sedgwick County notifying them of changes to their property value.
- Residential property values increased typically 5 percent.
- Commercial property values increased typically 4 percent.
- Agriculture property values increased typically 5 percent.
- Commissioners approved a grant from Kansas Department of Health and Environment for $1,834,744 for services provided by Sedgwick County Health.
- Commissioners approved a reorganization within the Division of Finance.
- The Risk Management program will be dissolved and services will be provided by an outside agency.
- Visit INTRUST Bank Arena on Wednesday, March 14 for Open Practice Day. This event is free and open to the public. Doors opened at 10 a.m. and additional details can be found at www.intrustbankarena.com.