January 15, 2020
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- A proclamation declaring January as Human Trafficking Awareness Month was adopted.
- Commissioners adopted a proclamation declaring January 15 as Steve Clark Day.
- The 2019 Chairman’s Award recipient is Kansas Honor Flight.
- An off-agenda item was approved which extended the agreement with the Acting County Appraiser at the Kansas Department of Revenue until January 31.
- The South Central Neighborhood Plan in District 2 was approved.
- The plan has five themes including building social capital, maintaining and improving homes, neighborhood reinvestment.
- Commissioners approved a proposed expansion of the West Bank Redevelopment District tax increment financing (TIF).
- This expansion allows for TIF expenditures and immediate parking needs in the Delano area and near the new baseball stadium.
- Commissioner Pete Meitzner was selected to serve as the Commission Chair for 2020.
- Commissioner Lacey Cruse was selected to serve as the Commission Chair Pro Tem for 2020.
- Take in the 2020 Midwestern & Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships this week at INTRUST Bank Arena. Tickets can be found here: www.intrustbankarena.com.
- Bond over board games from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, January 17 at the Sedgwick County Extension Office, 7001 W. 21st. N.
- An event presented by The Kansas African American Museum honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. will take place at 6 p.m. Saturday, January 18 at Chapel Hill United Methodist Church, 1550 N. Chapel Hill St. Call (316) 262-7651 or visit the museum at 601 N. Water to pick up a button for the event.
View the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXPoMHhfkag