This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- The Board of County Commissioners approved the 2022 Budget for Sedgwick County and Fire District 1. The budget was approved after two in-person public hearings and an online forum. The 2022 budget will take effect January 1, 2022 for the calendar year.
- Commissioners received and filed public hearing regarding the 2022 Sedgwick County Budget. An adoption was approved for the revenue neutral rate resolution.
- The 2022 budget of $462,548,518 for Sedgwick County was approved by Commissioners. This budget focuses on appropriate compensation for employees throughout the organization as well as adding resources for increases in the cost of doing business and continued recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes some additions:
- 1 full-time equivalent Logistics Central Supply Manager in Emergency Management;
- 1 full-time equivalent Grant Administrator position in the Division of Finance;
- 1 full-time equivalent Zookeeper position for the Sedgwick County Zoo;
- Funding for additional safety components including telematics for Public Works fleet vehicle and 1 full-time equivalent Safety Coordinator position;
- Funding for two Senior Centers of $24,249; and
- Earmarking $500,000 of funding in the Operating Reserve to support senior programming.
- Commissioners received and filed public hearing regarding the 2022 Fire District 1 Budget and adopted a resolution regarding the revenue neutral rate.
- The 2022 budget of $21,095,559 for Sedgwick County Fire District 1 was approved.
- Commissioners also adopted the 2022 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) which totals $44,851,064. The CIP includes funding for:
- Northwest Bypass right-of-way acquisition and Flood Control System Major Maintenance and Repair;
- Community Crisis Center expansion as well as COMCARE Peer Housing;
- Replacements and new installation of outdoor warning devices; and
- Replacements of roofs and parking lots on County-owned properties.
- A third amendment to the Agreement for Legislative Liaison Services was presented and approved.
- A resolution to implement an addition to pilot bonus-pay policy was presented and approved. Between the Aug. 18, 2021 approval and todays, departments included from this trial policy include Facilities Maintenance, Emergency Communications, COMCARE, Emergency Medical Service and Corrections.
- Sedgwick County Zoo will hold their premier annual fundraiser Zoobilee from 6 p.m.-midnight on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021. More information about the event can be found on the Sedgwick County Zoo website.
- The Vietnam Moving Wall will be in Valley Center, KS Oct. 21-25. Volunteer and donation opportunities are available. For more information, visit http://www.themovingwall.org/.
View the entire meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBGg2ydxEKo