July 11, 2018
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office was presented with a AAA Kansas Community Traffic Safety Award. This is the fifth year the Office has been recognized.
- Commissioners approved a new Area Plan for the Central Plains Area Agency on Aging and a grant for $3,079,190 from Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS).
- An agreement with the City of Wichita for a grant application and right-of-way acquisition regarding the North Junction was approved. The City of Wichita approved this item on Tuesday, July 10.
- Commissioners approved a Resolution that amended Article 3 of the Wichita-Sedgwick County Unified Building and Trade Code. This change added local amendments to the existing International Plumbing Code and the plumbing portions of the International Residential Code, and the International Fuel Gas Code.
- Commissioners approved the statement of costs, assessment roll, and established a public hearing date (Aug. 1) for proposed special assessments for certain road improvements in Redmond Estates.
- A CIP amendment for a project in the cold mix and gravel road replacement program was delayed until a Memorandum of Understanding and subsequent paperwork is completed. This is for a road near Cook Airfield in District 5.
- A Use Agreement for the Coleman Parking Lot by Automobilia Moonlight Car Show and Street Party was approved. This event will be held Saturday, July 14 from 4 p.m. to midnight.
- An off-agenda item was added to schedule a special Board of County Commissioners meeting for Tuesday, July 17 following the auction of the Greyhound Park properties, at 12:30 p.m.
Governing Body of Fire District 1
- Commissioners approved a donation of $5,216.08 for the Sedgwick County Fire District 1 Research and Development Fund.
- A donation for $100 was approved for the Sedgwick County Fire District 1 Research and Development Fund.
- Commissioners approved a donation of pillows for firefighters at various stations.
- A transfer of property agreement and equipment from Homeland Security were approved. This is for a rescue boat and equipment to be used by Kansas Task Force 5 and housed by Sedgwick County Fire.
- Saturday, July 14, students in first through fifth grade can participate in ZOOper Kids, an interactive learning session at the Sedgwick County Zoo. The two hour class begins at 1:30 p.m. Learn more or register for the event at www.scz.org.
- Participate in ICT Clean Streams at Exploration Place this Saturday, July 14. More details can be found at www.exploration.org.
- Are you ready for DodgeBrawl 2018? INTRUST Bank Arena is hosting the dodgeball tournament this Saturday, July 14 at 11 a.m. More events and information can be found at www.intrustbankarena.com.
- There will be a Special Board of County Commissioners Meeting on Tuesday, July 17 at 12:30 p.m. at Sedgwick County Fire Station #32, 7750 N. Wild West Dr., Park City.