May 15, 2019
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioners declared May 23 as Thelma Baker Eilert Day.
- Commissioners adopted a Proclamation declaring May 12-18 as Police Week.
- A Proclamation declaring May 19-25 as National Public Works Week was adopted.
- Commissioners approved an amendment to the Northeast Heights Neighborhood Comprehensive Plan.
- The City of Wichita approved the amendment too.
- Commissioners received a quarterly financial report for first quarter 2019.
- The overall financial report illustrates continued and modest improvement for County property tax supported funds.
- Attend a ceremony at the Law Enforcement Memorial, 455 N. Main, Friday, May 17 where fallen heroes will be recognized and honored. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. in the Council Chambers, 1st Floor, Wichita City Hall.
- Enjoy a movie at Exploration Place on Friday, May 17. The RiverFlix screening of “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” will begin after sundown on the entrance plaza. Find more events at www.exploration.org.
- Cheer on the Wichita Force at 7:05 p.m., Saturday, May 18. Additional details are located at www.intrustbankarena.com.
- Get out and enjoy some fresh air, Tuesday, May 21 for Wheeling Wild at the Sedgwick County Zoo. Find more details at www.scz.org.