February 12, 2020
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Board appointments: George Dean, Sedgwick County Advisory Council on Aging.
- Commissioners approved a Resolution amending the composition of the District 3 Citizens Advisory Board.
- This will allow the Commissioner to appoint a high school student from District 3 to serve.
- Commissioners received a semi-annual report related to INTRUST Bank Arena.
- 2019 was the third most successful year for the Arena.
- There were a total of 87 performances and 93 Arena events in 2019.
- Net building income totaled roughly $1 million.
- The Operation and Maintenance Reserve Fund totaled $7.4 million.
- This weekend is full of activity at INTRUST Bank Arena. Cheer on Wichita Thunder on Friday, February 14, enjoy Jason Aldean’s performance on Saturday, February 15, and rock out to KORN and Breaking Benjamin on Sunday, February 16. Tickets can be found here: www.intrustbankarena.com.
- Saturday, February 15, adults age 21 and older can learn about love in the animal kingdom at Sedgwick County Zoo with the event, Love Bites. Tickets and event details can be found at scz.org.
- Tickets are still available for the 14th Annual Death by Chocolate, Exploration Place’s annual fundraiser supporting STEM education. Mark your calendars for a fun evening from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, February, 29 at Exploration Place. Tickets and details can be found at www.exploration.org.
View the meeting here: https://youtu.be/HBFAdarGEAE