This Week in Sedgwick County - May 18, 2022
Board of County Commissioners
- Reverend Pamela Myrtis Hughes Mason of St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Church gave the invocation.
- The Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) approved meeting minutes for the April 20, 27, May 4 and 9 meetings.
- Commissioners approved a proclamation declaring May 26, 2022, KFH Radio Day.
- The BoCC approved a proclamation declaring May 15-21, 2022, Emergency Medical Services Week.
- Commissioners approved a proclamation declaring May 15-21, 2022, National Public Works Week.
- The BoCC accepted the resignation of Ashlyn Riggs from the District 3 Citizens Advisory Board.
- Assistant County Manager Tania Cole and Jason Watkins & Jessica Lucas of Watkins Public Strategies gave a legislative update.
- Commissioners approved the Federal Legislative Platform.
- The BoCC held the public hearing and adopted the Sedgwick County Wastewater Code and Sanitary Code.
- Commissioners adopted the 2022 Sedgwick County Solid Waste Management Plan.
- The BoCC adopted a resolution establishing Solid Waste Fees for 2023.
- Deputy Chief Financial Officer Brent Shelton gave the quarterly financial report.
- Commissioners approved the memorandum of agreement between Sedgwick County, Evergy, Inc. and PGR Properties, LLC.
- The BoCC approved the recommendations of the Board of Bids and Contracts from their May 12, 2022 regular meeting.
- Commissioners recessed the regular meeting to open the Fire District 1 meeting.
- The BoCC approved the consent agenda, closed the Fire District 1 meeting and resumed the regular meeting.
- KDOT is hosting an open house-style public meeting about future improvements to East Kellogg in Wichita and Andover on Thursday, May 26, 2022, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at LifeChange Church located at 10225 E. Kellogg. For more information, visit https://eastkellogg.ksdotike.org/.
- Sedgwick County offices will be closed Monday, May 30, 2022, in observance of Memorial Day. Emergency Services are available by calling or texting 9-1-1.
- The City of Derby is hosting its 11th Annual Smoke on the Plains Derby BBQ & Music Festival presented by Rock Regional Hospital on June 10-11, 2022, at High Park, 2801 E. James St. For a schedule of events and more information, visit https://derbybbq.com/.
- If someone you know was directly impacted by the tornadoes on Friday, April 29, and needs assistance, please contact United Way at 211 or visit https://bit.ly/3LAWlo6.
- The Department of Commerce is offering matching funds to address economic development opportunities throughout the state. BASE is designed to support infrastructure development to address economic development opportunities statewide with the goal of expanding the state’s base of businesses and residents. Learn more and submit an application at https://www.kansascommerce.gov/basegrant/.
- Recovery Connect is a Sedgwick County economic recovery program that connects individuals, businesses, and nonprofits with resources to help them recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the program and how you can get support here: http://recovery-connect.org/
See the full meeting at: https://youtu.be/cVA9tRkdq5k