March 20, 2019
This Week in Sedgwick County
Board of County Commissioners
- Board appointments: Ms. Monica Marks, Animal Care Advisory Board; Ms. Autumn Black, Mental Health Advisory Board.
- Commissioners approved updates to the wireless communications master plan and the unified zoning code regulations of wireless communications facilities.
- The plan and amendments:
- Remove all requirements regarding co-location and speculative facilities,
- Establish design guidelines for facilities in the right-of-way, and
- Allow governing bodies to modify supplementary use of regulations.
- A Resolution to amend the composition of the Sedgwick County Advisory Board for on-site water well construction was approved.
- Current membership: three licensed/ registered water well drillers, Wichita Area Association of Realtors, Wichita Chapter of Mortgage Brokers Association, on-site waste water advisory board, and Kansas licensed professional geologist.
- Proposed membership: three licensed/ registered water well drillers, wastewater system board member, public at-large position to replace Mortgage Brokers Association, licensed plumber replaces licensed geologist, and Realtors of South Central Kansas replaces Wichita Area Association of Realtors.
- On September 16, 2018 Deputy Robert Kunze, III tragically died in the line of duty. Today, Commissioners approved a workers compensation settlement and authorized payment totaling $270,000 to Deputy Kunze's family.
- Commissioners are seeking public input regarding wind and solar energy systems in the county.
- Leave a comment online: www.sedgwickcounty.org
- Join us for a public forum: 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 28, at the Sedgwick County Zoo’s Cargill Learning Center
- Adults age 21 and older can enjoy Exploration Place’s EP21 event at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 21. Learn more about this event and more at www.exploration.org.
- Chris Tomlin’s Holy Roar Tour will be at INTRUST Bank Arena on Friday, March 22. Tickets and event details can be found at www.intrustbankarena.com.
- This weekend, March 23-24, cheer on the Wichita Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena. Tickets and event details can be found at www.intrustbankarena.com.