Tag Renewals and Replacements

Sedgwick County residents will receive a renewal reminder in the mail prior to their renewal month that contains the information and instructions needed to renew vehicle tags.

How do I renew my tags?

Sedgwick County residents may renew one of the following ways:

Delinquent Personal Property Taxes

If you or your business owes any delinquent personal property taxes you will not be able to register or renew your tags until the taxes are brought current. The taxes may be paid at any tag office location or at the Sedgwick County Treasurer's Office in the Sedgwick County Treasurer's office, located at 100 N Broadway. Suite 100 in Wichita.

What will I need to renew my tags?

If the vehicle is currently registered in Sedgwick County, you'll need:

How can I renew if I didn't receive a notice in the mail?

You can download and print your renewal online. If there is a week or more before your tags expire, call 660-9000 with your license tag number and current mailing address and we will mail a renewal notice to you.

If you have to come into a tag office, bring last year’s registration receipt, tag number, current insurance card, and a picture identification card or driver’s license.

How can I find out if my renewal has been processed?

Call the tag office at 660-9000. Please have your plate number and current mailing address when you call. Allow a minimum of five business days to receive your receipt and decal.

How do I renew my handicapped placard?

You may print a Self Certification of Continued Eligibility for Disabled Parking Privilege form (TR-159a) to self-certify permanent disability at no fee. You can bring it to any of the tag office locations or mail it to:

Sedgwick County Treasurer
P. O. Box 2909
Wichita, KS 67201-2909

Tag Replacements

How do I get a new tag/decal if mine was stolen?

You will need to report the stolen tag to the police and obtain a case number. If the theft occurred in Sedgwick County, call 383-7352 and make the report through the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office. If the theft occurred in Wichita, make the report through the Wichita Police Department by calling 268-4221. If your tag was stolen in any other city, make the report through that city's respective police department by calling them directly.

Bring the case number, tag number and proof of insurance to any of the tag office locations and we will replace the tag for $8.00.

To replace a decal only, please complete the affidavit of lost or stolen vehicle registration. You may present the completed form in person at any of our offices. The cost of replacement is $1.50. You do not have to notify law enforcement for a case number if only the decal is missing.