Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department
Mission: The Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department (MABCD) is to serve the citizens of Sedgwick County by ensuring compliance with all adopted County and City of Wichita codes by providing effective public contact and education, building cooperative partnerships throughout our community, and enforcing the law in an equitable and impartial manner to protect the health, safety, and welfare of all property owners, residents, tenants, businesses and visitors.
Water flooding your home? Storms coming through the area can dump excessive rain.
- DO NOT walk in the water. Electricity and water do not mix.
- Call your insurance agent. Check policies to see if you have lodging and what your responsibilities are getting repairs done.
- In extreme cases, call 411 to see if there are United Way shelters.
If your house floods because of grading issues from surrounding homes, you will need to get restitution with a Civil suit against neighbors.
MABCD Permit Flow
MABCD Strategic Goals
The MABCD strategic goals are in alignment with the Sedgwick County strategic priorities.
- Ensure all community buildings and homes are soundly constructed according to national code standards to provide safety and health for occupants.
- Accomplish Sedgwick County priority 1 – Ensuring highest priority use of resources is dedicated to create safe and secure communities.
- Accomplish Sedgwick County priority 4 – Providing quality public services to the community while being good stewards of revenue and funds.