Regional Forensic Science Center

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What does NAME (National Association of Medical Examiners) and ASCLD/LAB (American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors / Laboratory Accreditation Board) mean? Accreditation assures the public that the Regional Forensic Science Center meets the highest professional standards in the country and ensures credibility within the scientific and legal communities.
  2. How do I obtain an autopsy report? Autopsy reports, once completed, are open public records. A request for a copy, under the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA), may be made at To receive a free copy of an autopsy report via email or a printed certified copy of an autopsy report, please contact the Clerk of District Court at (316) 660-5900.
  3. Where can I find general information about forensic science? The American Academy of Forensic Science offers information about forensic science.
  4. Where can I go to find out about employment opportunities with the center? Open positions with the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center are posted to when they open. Interested parties can apply online.
  5. How do I arrange a tour of the center? Tours are limited and generally restricted to those 18 years of age or older. The tours are for scientific and medical education. Please contact Mr. Todd Reynolds with your request. Please indicate desired date, time and purpose for tour and approximate size of group.