Sedgwick County is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ARE YOU READY?
I am 18 or older
|I am 21 or older|
|I can legally work in the U.S. (US Citizenship is not required)||
I am a US Citizen
|I am a high school graduate, have a GED or equivalent||I am a high school graduate, have a GED or equivalent|
|I live within 45 minutes of the county courthouse||I live within 45 minutes of the County Courthouse|
|I am willing to submit to records check/fingerprinting||I am willing to submit to records check/fingerprinting|
|No DL required||I have a valid drivers license, or will have one within 30 days of hire|
|I can pass a written test, a physical agility test, a polygraph exam, and a psychological exam||I can pass a written test, a physical agility test, a polygraph exam, and a psychological exam|
Deputy pay starting at $23.50/hour - Shift pay for 2nd and 3rd shifts
Base Pay- $51,935 Annually, Shift pay of $1,657.50
Need more convincing?
|Paid Vacation||Paid Sick Leave|
|Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life)||Flexible Heath Spending Benefits|
|KPERS or KP&F Retirement||Wellness Program|
|Peer Support Group||Department Therapist|
|24 Hour Gym Access||Sheriff Benefit Fund|
-The Hiring Process -
- Complete your application.
- One of our Deputies will reach out to you soon.
- You'll get your written and physical agility testing scheduled and come in for your first contact interview.
- Your file will be started and your background check will begin.
- You're almost done- next are Oral Boards, a polygraph test, and a final interview at home*.
- *Final interviews may be done at the academy due to a rise in COVID cases.
- It's time for your Command Staff Interview.
- Once you get your Conditional Job Offer - You'll be scheduled for your drug test and psychological exam. You will need to get a basic sports physical as well, on your own.
- Now that this is over, one of our Deputies will call you with your academy start date and you are on your way to starting your new career with us! Congratulations!