STARTING DEPUTY PAY $26.06!
At the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office, we are committed to serving and protecting our community with integrity, professionalism, and dedication. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact and contribute to the safety and well-being of our residents.
We are currently seeking individuals who are passionate about law enforcement and possess the necessary skills and qualities to excel in this challenging yet rewarding field. Whether you are an experienced law enforcement professional or considering a career change, we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who share our commitment to public service.
As a member of the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office, you will benefit from:
We provide extensive training programs to ensure that our officers are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their duties effectively and safely.
We offer various opportunities for career advancement and professional growth, including specialized units, leadership development programs, and ongoing training.
We provide competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.
|Vacation: 0-5 years 3.92 hours per pay check
|Major Medical Insurance
|Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (Detention)
|Sick Leave: 12 days a year
|Kansas Police and Fire Retirement System (Commission)
|Paid Perental Leave: 8 weeks
|Bereavement Leave:5 days
|Flex Spending and Benefit Fund
Annual Salary Pay for Deputy
Shift Differential $1.00
We actively engage with the community through outreach programs, community events, and partnerships to foster positive relationships and enhance public safety.
If you are interested in joining our team and making a difference in the lives of others, apply today.
-The Hiring Process -
- Complete your application.
- You'll get your written and physical agility testing scheduled and come in for your first contact interview.
- Written testing is conducted every Monday and Thursday at 9 am at the Wichita Sedgwick County Law Enforcement Training Center
- Physical Agility testing is conducted every Tuesday and Thursday at 4 pm at the Wichita Sedgwick County Law Enforcement Training Center
- Your file will be started and your background check will begin.
- You're almost done- next are Oral Boards, a polygraph test, and a final interview.
- It's time for your Command Staff Interview.
- Once you get your Conditional Job Offer - You'll be scheduled for your drug test and psychological exam. You will need to get a basic sports physical as well, on your own.
- Now that this is over, one of our Deputies will call you with your academy start date and you are on your way to starting your new career with us! Congratulations!