Construction and Demolition Landfills
Construction & demolition (C&D) debris is the waste that results from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of buildings, roads, and sidewalks. C&D debris is a large portion of the solid waste stream. In 2001, Sedgwick County banned commercially generated C&D debris from transfer stations. This ban does not apply to the C&D generated by homeowners. However, disposal costs are generally less at C&D landfills.
There are two C&D landfills in Sedgwick County. Call for prices and be prepared to pay with cash.
4250 W 37th North
M - F 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4100 N. West St.
Summer hours (March-October)
Winter hours (November-February)
These facilities CAN accept:
- appliances without freon - appliances with freon are accepted at Brooks C&D Landfill
- motor vehicle window glass
- vegetation from land clearing, utility maintenance and storm cleanup
- bricks, concrete and other masonry materials
- roofing materials
- wood and wood products
- wall or floor coverings
- plaster, drywall
- plumbing fixtures
- electrical wiring and electrical components
- construction related packaging
- non-asbestos insulation - material containing asbestos is accepted at Brooks Landfill. Call to schedule a drop-off time.
These facilities CANNOT accept:
- hazardous material
- drums and containers of any kind