The Building Section is responsible for the inspection of Residential & Commercial Structures to ensure and maintain compliance with applicable regulatory guidance governing building trades and construction. The building section responsibilities are:
- Perform inspections in the course of construction, alteration and repair for compliance with all applicable/adopted codes and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with plan design as previously submitted and approved.
- Communicate code information and/or references to validate inspection results.
- Monitors permits and ensures that applicable inspections are scheduled and performed.
- Investigates complaints, reported safety issues and potential code violations.
MABCD has adopted the 2018 Edition of the International Residential Code with Amendments. This adoption has an enforcement date of January 1, 2019.
MABCD has adopted the 2018 Edition of the International Building Code with Amendments and the 2018 Edition of the International Existing Building Code with Amendments. This adoption has an enforcement date of January 1, 2020.
Architects may elect to submit commercial projects for review under the 2012 Edition of the above codes or the 2018 Edition of the above codes from now until December 31, 2019. Starting January 1, 2020, all plans for commercial projects will be reviewed using the 2018 Edition of the above codes.