Mechanical (HVAC) Division
The Mechanical Section is responsible for the inspection of Residential & Commercial Systems to ensure and maintain compliance with applicable regulatory guidance governing mechanical, refrigeration, solid fuel, HVAC systems and equipment. The mechanical section responsibilities are:
- Perform inspections in the course of construction, alteration, and repair for compliance with all applicable/adopted codes and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with plan design as previously submitted and approved.
- Communicate code information and/or references to validate inspection results.
- Monitors permits and ensures that applicable inspections are scheduled and performed.
- Investigates complaints, reported safety issues and potential code violations.
Latest News & Updates
Significant Code Changes to the 2021 IMC and 2021 IRC (Mechanical) There are several important changes coming with the adoption of the 2021 International Mechanical Code (IMC), which goes into effect on January 1, 2022.
Mechanical Trade Certification Renewals start September 1, 2023. Please remember to provide proper documentation to staff when renewing your trades certificates. This includes the original CEU's certificate provided by the CEU provider and obtained during the previous cycle. Only those classes that are listed on our web page have been approved for use as required CEU's by MABCD and the KMTRB (Kansas Mechanical Trades Review Board).
MABCD is on a 2-year renewal cycle on certificates and all certificates expire December 31 of each odd-number year. When you renew your certificate, you will have to provide information on the class(es) you attended to show 12 hours of continuing education related to your specific trade, 6 hours of which will have to be on code related to your specific trade.
Obtain a copy of the Trades Certificate Renewal Form and CEU Log below:
For inquiries or requests to appear before the Board of Mechanical Appeals contact. email@example.com