The Plumbing Section is responsible for the inspection of Residential & Commercial Systems to ensure and maintain compliance with applicable regulatory guidance governing plumbing and gas piping systems and equipment. The plumbing section responsibilities are:
- Perform inspections in the course of construction, alteration, and repair for compliance with all applicable/adopted codes and safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with plan design as previously submitted and approved.
- Communicate code information and/or references to validate inspection results.
- Monitors permits and ensures that applicable inspections are scheduled and performed.
- Investigates complaints, reported safety issues and potential code violations.
Latest News & Updates
Significant Plumbing code changes with the adoption of the 2021 Uniform Plumbing Code and amendments as written in Article 3 of the Unified Building and Trade Code (UBTC).
Please click on the link below to learn more. https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/mabcd/codes-resolutions-ordinances/
Use of Air Admittance Valves (AAV) MUST Be Approved. When applying for permits with an AAV, please fill out this form and attach to the Plumbing - PLM or Building - BLD permit.
- Download form
- Fill out form completely
- Save form
- Attach the form at the "Attachments" flow in the Portal
For inquiries or requests to appear before the Appeals Board for Plumbers and Gas fitters contact. email@example.com