Back-to-School Vaccination Clinic Set for Saturday, October 10
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – The Sedgwick County Health Department will host a special back-to-school vaccination clinic from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, October 10 at its main clinic, 2716 W. Central. No appointment is necessary for this special clinic. The immunization exclusion day for the 2020-2021 school year is October 15.
If you are unable to attend Saturday’s clinic, call (316) 660-7333 to schedule an appointment for one of the following mobile clinics; appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Mondays at Bethel Life Center, 3777 S. Meridian Ave., Wichita
- Tuesdays at a Health Department satellite location, 1131 S. Clifton, Wichita
- Wednesdays at the Health Department, 1900 E. 9th St. N., Wichita
- Thursdays at Evergreen Rec Center, 2700 N. Woodland St., Wichita
Appointments can also be scheduled at the SCHD main clinic by calling (316) 660-7300. Days and times available are:
- Monday - Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Noon to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What should I bring to the appointment?
- Vaccination records (Please email vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (316) 660-4916 at least 24 hours in advance.)
- Health insurance card
- Parent/guardian ID
- Proof of income, if no health insurance
- Written letter of consent with parent ID, if parent is not going to bring child
- Court approved paperwork for child, if applicable
Due to COVID-19, social distancing requirements will be enforced and masks are required for those who are able and those 2 years of age and older.
For more information about vaccinations, please contact your primary care physician or the SCHD.
- end -