Commission Adopts 2021 Budget
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – The Board of County Commissioners approve 2021 budget for Sedgwick County and Fire District 1.
This budget focuses on the County’s response to and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. It continues service delivery levels with no tax rate increase. It includes some additions:
- 1 full-time equivalent Epidemiologist position at the Health Department;
- 2 full-time equivalent positions for Integrated Care Team 1 (ICT-1); and
- Various additions to the Sheriff’s Office for medical services, judicial services, and other needs.
The 2021 Adopted Budget totals $438,259,900 for Sedgwick County Government and $19,368,910 for Sedgwick County Fire District 1. Together, the full Budget totals $457,628,810.
Commissioners also adopted the 2021 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) which totals $25,471,593. The CIP includes funding for:
- North Junction Improvements and the Northwest Bypass right-of-way;
- A County Elections Building; and
- Replacements and new installation of outdoor warning devices.
The budget was approved after two in-person public hearings and an online forum. The 2021 budget will take effect on January 1, 2021 for the calendar year.