County Seeks Input on New Strategic Plan, Riverfront Legacy Master Plan
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – Residents are encouraged to learn about Sedgwick County’s new strategic planning efforts and offer feedback during several upcoming meetings:
- Monday, Oct. 7 – Commissioner Pete Meitzner’s joint District Advisory Board Meeting with Councilwoman Becky Tuttle, 6:30 p.m., Rockwell Library, 5939 E. 9th St. North
- Monday, Oct. 7 – Commissioner Michael O’Donnell’s joint District Advisory Board Meeting with Councilman Jeff Blubaugh, 6:30 p.m., Alford Library, 3447 S. Meridian
- Monday, Oct. 7 – Commissioner David Dennis’ District 3 Citizens Advisory Board, 7 p.m., Goddard School’s Conference Center, 315 S. Main, Goddard
- Monday, Oct. 14 – Commissioner Lacey Cruse’s District 4 Citizens Advisory Board, 6 p.m., McAdams Recreation Center, 1329 E. 13th St. North
- Thursday, Oct. 17 – Commissioner Jim Howell’s Community Input Meeting, 6 p.m., Derby Public Library, 1600 E. Walnut Grove Road, Derby
Wichita State University’s Public Policy and Management Center has been facilitating Sedgwick County’s strategic planning process since February, engaging employees at all levels, and keeping Commissioners updated on the process. Topics have included organizational mission, vision and values, community partnerships, attracting and retaining workers, internal and external communications, and moving the County forward over the next five years. The community will have the opportunity to provide input throughout September and October before Commissioners receive a final plan in November.
Members of the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan Coalition will brief residents at various community meetings:
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 – Commissioner Meitzner’s Community Meeting, 6 p.m., Bel Aire Community Room, 7651 E. Central Park Ave., Bel Aire
- Thursday, Oct. 3 – Commissioner Howell’s Community Meeting, 6 p.m., USD 259 Administration Building, 903 S. Edgemoor
- Monday, Oct. 14 – Commissioner Cruse’s District 4 Citizens Advisory Board, 6 p.m., McAdams Recreation Center, 1329 E. 13th St. North
The Riverfront Legacy Master Plan process was launched by a coalition of community organizations in response to the recent recommendations from the Project Wichita regional visioning process and the Century II Citizens Advisory Committee. These private-sector organizations will work closely with the City of Wichita and Sedgwick County, other community organizations, and area neighborhoods. Additional meetings will be forthcoming.