Medical Drop Boxes Placed throughout County
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – Sedgwick County residents can now easily dispose of unwanted or expired prescription, over-the-counter, and controlled medications at designated medical drop boxes without any question asked or ID check. Environmental Resources has partnered with local law enforcement agencies to collect controlled substances at the following locations:
- Valley Center Police Department, 616 E 5th St, Valley Center, KS 67147
- Mulvane Police Department, 410 E Main, Mulvane, KS 67110
- Clearwater Police Department, 109 S Lee, Clearwater, KS 67206
- Bel Aire Police Department, 7651 E Central Park Ave, Bel Aire, KS 67226
- Cheney Police Department, 131 N Main, Cheney, KS 67205
This program is funded through the Solid Waste Fee. The Solid Waste Fee subsidizes a number of community programs including Christmas Tree Recycling, Household Hazardous Waste Remote Collection Events, Tire and E-Waste Collection Events, and the Bulky Waste Coupon.
Previously, residents could only drop off controlled substances in specific pharmacies.