Mobile Testing in Colwich and Goddard
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – Mobile testing will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon, at the following two sites this week:
- Monday, June 29, 2020, at the Colwich Fire Department - 310 S. 2nd
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020, at Pathways Church in Goddard – 18800 W. Kellogg Dr.
- Additional dates and times for return trips to Mulvane and Valley Center will be announced soon.
Mobile testing opportunities will support the community by providing increased access to no cost coronavirus testing for Sedgwick County residents, including special populations, such as people who are disabled, intellectually or developmentally disabled, and Sedgwick County residents over the age of 60 with underlying medical conditions who are at high-risk for severe disease.
Sedgwick County residents can dial 2-1-1 (United Way of the Plains) to schedule an appointment to be tested by the SCHD at one of our mobile testing sites. Walk-ups are also permitted. The SCHD will take a nasopharyngeal (nose) swab and send it to a lab for COVID-19 testing. Generally, results are returned from the Health Department in three to four days up to a week. The results of the virus test show whether a person has current infection. This is not an antibody test.
Residents with symptoms should be tested. Although symptoms are not required for testing, the most common COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or shivering
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Fatigue or feeling more tired than normal
Social distancing, mask wearing, and good hand hygiene will help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.