Reminder to Safely Discharge Fireworks
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – If residents choose to discharge fireworks during the July 4 holiday, please do so safely.
- Only discharge fireworks that are approved in the state of Kansas
- Know the regulations for your city or town
- Only use fireworks outdoors and away from buildings
- Never discharge fireworks in or around wheat fields and pastures
- Never throw fireworks at people or animals
- Always supervise children while using fireworks
- Secure your pets during fireworks discharge times
- Never put discharged fireworks in plastic containers or trash cans
- Dispose of used fireworks in metal container only
- Never attempt to relight a firework that doesn’t discharge
- Be responsible when consuming alcohol while discharging fireworks
If residents have complaints pertaining to parties, excess noise or fireworks, please report it to Sedgwick County Emergency Communications non-emergency line at (316) 290 – 1011. The line will be activated beginning at 6 p.m. on July 1.
The men and women of Sedgwick County Fire District 1 hope you have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July holiday.