Tag Offices Now Process Specialty Tag Fees and Issue State Park Permits
The Sedgwick County Tag Office can now accept and process the fees associated with specialty tags, such as donations to universities for school pride/alumni, breast cancer awareness, Children’s Trust Fund and pet friendly tags.
The previous process required tag holders to pay fees to an organization then show proof of payment before a new tag or renewal could be issued. Now, residents will follow these steps to renew a specialty tag:
- Receive your annual tag and taxes statement from the state of Kansas.
- Notice the appropriate specialty tag fee is included in the statement.
- Make one payment to the treasurer’s office in person, by mail or online via WebTags.
New tags may be purchased at any of the tag office locations. Any resident giving a specialty tag as a gift should first contact the affiliated organization.
County tag offices also may sell Kansas park permits at the time of vehicle tag registration. The annual fee for park permits is $25; however, residents who purchase a park permit at the time of their annual tag renewal can save $10, paying only $15.50 for a one-year permit. Daily park permits are $5.
There are three options to register for a park permit through the treasurer’s office:
- In person – when renewing vehicle tags, owners will be asked if they wish to purchase park permits; the permit registration and decals will be provided with the renewal decals.
- By mail – renewal notices will include a space where residents may indicate the number of park permits they wish to purchase. Payment for the permits may be submitted with the tag renewal payment, and the registration and decals will be mailed to the registered vehicle owner.
- Online – the WebTags system will include an added feature that allows residents to indicate the number of park permits they wish to purchase and the fee(s) will be added to the total due. The tag park permit registration and decals will be mailed to the registered vehicle owner.