Excellence in Public Service Award
Nomination Period: February 15 - March 4, 2022
Residents, co-workers, directors, and supervisors are encouraged to nominate public service employees for the annual Excellence in Public Service Award. Now in its 34th year, the award recognizes employees from City of Wichita, Sedgwick County and Wichita Public Schools who exhibit the highest standard of service.
Nomination forms can be printed from Wichita.gov and turned in at the City Manager’s Office – City Hall 13th Floor, 455 N. Main. Nominations will also be accepted online at New Submission (wichita.gov).
The Excellence in Public Service Award honors public employees who go beyond the call of duty and demonstrate the following:
- Exemplary performance that has contributed to the public interest;
- Innovative problem-solving skills that have improved service delivery;
- Adherence to high ethical standards in carrying out job responsibilities;
- A record of community involvement through participation in civic organizations; and
- Significant contribution toward COVID-19 response in the workplace or community.
Honorees will be selected by a committee comprised of nine public and private sector representatives. Due to the cancellation of last year’s awards, the DeVore Foundation will honor up to six winners (two per organization) should those nominations meet the criteria. In August, they will be surprised at work by their supervisors, colleagues, selection committee members and media. The winners will receive $2,500 and will be honored at a reception attended by family, friends, co-workers, previous honorees, the selection committee and members of the DeVore Foundation in September. The Excellence in Public Service Award is sponsored by the DeVore Foundation and KSN.