Sedgwick County Park
Summary of Rules & Regulations
- Open from 6 am to 10 pm. Patrons are not allowed at other times, unless using bike/ walking path.
- Pets must be leashed; leash cannot be longer than 8 feet.
- Pet owners are responsible for removal of all pet waste and proper disposal.
- Hunting or possession of weapons is not allowed.
- Discharge of firearms is not allowed, unless in defense of self, another human, or property as authorized by law.
- Glass containers, kegs are not allowed. Alcoholic beverages need to be in non-breakable containers, disposed of in appropriate receptacle.
- Swimming and wading are not allowed.
- No boating or camping.
- Fish only from the shore, following Kansas fishing laws, rules and regulations.
- Do not sell merchandise without written permission.
- No loitering.
- Permits are needed for open shelters 1, 2, 4, 5 & Cottonwood. There are 3 small open shelters that are free to use on a first come, first served basis.
- Do not damage or destroy park property.
- Drive only on provided roads.
- Follow all posted park regulations/ signs.
A complete list of rules can be found on Sedgwick County Municode Library.