See a complete timeline of COMCARE's first 50 years.
Medical Staff Directory
The Medical Staff for COMCARE of Sedgwick County provides services to eight COMCARE programs.
Mental Health Advisory Board
The Mental Health Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding mental health programs.
Forms for Contracted Providers
- Authorization for Requesting and Disclosing Protected Health Information
- Financial Information Sheet
- Consent for Treatment, Acknowledgement of Notice of Privacy Practices, Clients Rights & Responsibilities
- Prescription Drug Discount Card
- Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Wichita
- Hart Pharmacy at COMCARE
1919 N. Amidon, Suite 220
Wichita, KS 67203
COMCARE of Sedgwick County helps people with mental health and substance abuse needs improve the quality of their lives.
COMCARE provides a wide array of mental health and substance abuse services to residents of Sedgwick County. COMCARE is the largest of the 27 Community Mental Health Centers in the State of Kansas and is committed to helping individuals served lead more productive lives.
Good mental health is as critical as sound physical health. COMCARE serves over 19,000 individuals in the community with the help of community partners.
As the local mental health authority for Sedgwick County, COMCARE is the safety net for individuals in need of mental health services. COMCARE accepts Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, self-pay and also has a sliding scale fee.
COMCARE's quality comprehensive services are prioritized and provided for all citizens regardless of ability to pay. Services are provided in the most cost efficient and cost-effective manner. Sedgwick County provides programs which are accessible to the public without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religious or political affiliations, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
We envision a healthy community where people are provided the support needed to reach their potential.
- Respect for consumers is paramount.
- Quality services must be accessible, effective, and delivered in a cost-efficient manner.
- Communication, collaboration, and education with the community are essential to strategic planning, resource development, provision of services and continuity of care.
- Planning, programming, and research focus on the development of innovative and quality services.
- Consumer satisfaction and outcomes are top priorities in the development, education, and modification of services.
- COMCARE values all staff. Employees are our greatest asset. Leadership strives to promote creativity, recognition of hard work, and high morale.
- Priority is given to identifying, reaching out to and serving at-risk populations, and responding to the changing needs of the community.
- Cultural differences are valuable, essential components of a strong community, and all services are designed and implemented with the goal of achieving cultural competence.