Application Open to Request CARES Funding
(Sedgwick County, Kan.) – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sedgwick County received funding from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to be distributed throughout the community. Commissioners approved $30 million to address costs in the community associated with this public health emergency.
After receiving input from stakeholders across the county, a spending plan was created that focuses on four core areas:
- Municipal Assistance
- Public Health
- Social Services
- Educational Assistance
Interested organizations can apply online at https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/covid-19/cares-funding/. At this time, there is no date to close the application period.
The funds can be used to reimburse necessary spending due to the coronavirus that has occurred since March 1, 2020 and anticipated COVID-19 spending through December 30, 2020. To meet federal guidelines, the spending must be COVID-19 related, the spending must have been done outside of the organization’s normal budget, and the funding cannot be used to make up lost revenue
Eligible costs include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as hand sanitizer, gloves, and cleaning supplies.
- Thermometers and other screening equipment.
- Computers, phones, webcams and other equipment to accommodate teleworking.
- Communication and community outreach to inform public of public health guidance.
- Payroll costs for staff substantially dedicated to COVID-19 response activities.
For questions or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial (316) 660-7148.
Oversight and approval of applications will be provided by the Board of County Commissioners, as well as a board made of community volunteers. There is no guarantee that every entity will receive a portion or the full requested amount.