Evidence-Based Program Fund Application
Kansas Department of Corrections - Juvenile Services (KDOC-JS) has developed a process by which organizations and agencies in Sedgwick County may request funds from the Evidence-based Programs Fund.
Please note, these instructions and application will also be a part of KDOC-JS FY24 Comprehensive Grant Planning Application. Sedgwick County anticipates receiving an allocation of $767,536.31 from the Evidence-based Program Fund which is available for community organizations to apply. This funding is earmarked for work with system involved youth.
Steps to apply for funds and receive Sedgwick County Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board (Team Justice) approval:
- Complete the application and program summary documents answering all questions.
APPLICATION and PROGRAM SUMMARY
- Complete the SFY24 Budget Form.
- Complete the EB Signature Page form.
- Submit all forms electronically to Chase Tipton (contact information below) by 5:00pm on January 31, 2023.
- All interested applicants are encouraged to view a recording of a meeting hosted by Dr. Delores Craig-Moreland (recording below) to learn about what it means to be evidence based, discuss current gaps in services, and learn about top funding priorities, as established by Team Justice. Attendees who view the recording and complete the survey will be given consideration in prioritizing of award.
All submitted applications will be screened by a Team Justice sub-committee. Final applicants may be asked to deliver a short presentation about their respective program to Team Justice on Friday, March 3, 2023. Meeting will take place from 11:30am-1:00pm at a location TBD. If your program is chosen for funding, the award cycle will be from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.