Report a Disease
All clinically suspect, as well as lab-confirmed, cases of reportable diseases should be reported to the Sedgwick County Health Department.
Report Diseases (except sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, and tuberculosis) using one of the following methods:
- Complete the online, Electronic Notifiable Disease Reporting Form
- Call the Sedgwick County Epidemiology Hotline: 316-660-5555
- Fax the Notifiable Disease Form to the 24-hour fax line: 316-660-5550.
- If the report is a person with suspect or confirmed pertussis, fax the Pertussis Report Form.
- Mail the Notifiable Disease Form to the SCHD epidemiology section, 1900 E. 9th St, Wichita, KS 67214.
If you have general disease reporting or disease surveillance questions, email DiseaseReport@sedgwick.gov.
Report Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and HIV
- Complete the online Notifiable Disease Reporting Form and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the Kansas Notifiable Disease Form to 316-660-4914
- Mail the Kansas Notifiable Disease Form to the STD section, 2716 W. Central, Wichita, KS 67203
- Health care providers may call the STD hotline at 660-1783.
Report Tuberculosis (TB)
- Complete the infection and disease form and fax it to the division of health tuberculosis clinic at 316-660-5274.
- Health Care Providers may contact the Sedgwick County Health Department Tuberculosis Control Program clinic by calling 316-660-7450. You can also send an email to the clinic at email@example.com.
- Read a fact sheet about tuberculosis
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for more information about TB.
Report School Absentees
School nurses may use the School Illness Reporting Site (requires a password) to report absenteeism. This system allows local schools and the health department to track disease trends.