The Sedgwick County Health Department offers flu shots on a sliding fee scale to uninsured adults age 19 and older, uninsured children age 18 and younger and children with Medicaid, Amerigroup, UnitedHealthcare or Sunflower at the main clinic, 2716 W. Central.
Residents who do not qualify for flu shots at the health department should contact their insurance companies to find out where flu shots are covered by their plans. Then, use this online flu shot locator to find a location near your. And, remember to:
Flu and Disease Prevention Tips
- Wash your hands - a lot!
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, NOT your hand
- Stay home when you are ill
- Seniors are more susceptible to complications from flu - grandparents should not care for sick children
Print Posters to Help Limit the Spread of Germs
- Hand Washing - Adults
- Hand Washing - Teens
- Hand Washing - Youth
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Cover Your Cough for Co-Workers
- Cover Your Cough for Customers