Building Contractor License
The forms below are necessary to obtaining a building/general contractor's license in Sedgwick County. Please complete and return them to the appropriate office for processing along with the following information:
- Certificate of insurance (at least $300,000) showing MABCD as the certificate holder.
- Name of insured matches company name on application.
- In the case of a sole proprietor, insurance is for “applicant name dba company name”
- Address of the insured matches address of applicant’s local office.
- If there is not auto insurance or workman’s compensation (and it is not required by state law), please complete the following forms Auto Waiver, Workmans Compensation and sign in front of a notary and return them to our office.
- A copy of certificate showing successful completion of the required examination for the appropriate license.
- A completed copy of the Application for Contractors Business License form for the appropriate of license.
- Provide a Certificate of Good Standing from Kansas or state of licensure
- Provide a letter on company letterhead from the owner/president if applicant is not the sole proprietor or owner/president/vice president stating that the applicant/qualified person is capable of binding the company in contracts.
- Payment of licensing & fee for the appropriate class of license.
You may fax or mail the required forms to MABCD @ 316-660-1810 or 271 W 3rd, Suite 101, Wichita, KS 67202. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 316-660-1840 if you have questions.