Building Contractor License

The forms below are necessary to obtaining a building/general contractor's license in Sedgwick County. Please complete and return them to the appropriate office for processing along with the following information:

  1. Certificate of insurance (at least $300,000) showing MABCD as the certificate holder.
    1. Name of insured matches company name on application.
    2. In the case of a sole proprietor, insurance is for “applicant name dba company name”
    3. Address of the insured matches address of applicant’s local office.
    4. If there is not auto insurance or workman’s compensation (and it is not required by state law), please complete the following forms Auto Waiver, Workmans Compensation and sign in front of a notary and return them to our office.
  2. A copy of certificate showing successful completion of the required examination for the appropriate license.
  3. A completed copy of the Application for Contractors Business License form for the appropriate of license.
  4. Provide a Certificate of Good Standing from Kansas or state of licensure
  5. Provide a letter on company letterhead from the owner/president if applicant is not the sole proprietor or owner/president/vice president stating that the applicant/qualified person is capable of binding the company in contracts.
  6. Payment of licensing & fee for the appropriate class of license.

You may fax or mail the required forms to MABCD @ 316-660-1810 or 271 W 3rd, Suite 101, Wichita, KS 67202. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 316-660-1840 if you have questions.