Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department
Please note our new Dynamic Portal site.
You can use this site to apply for permits, schedule inspections, and pay for permit fees.
**New Address and Phone Numbers**
2017 - 2018 Building License Renewal
- 2015 UPC/IPC (Uniform Plumbing Code/International Plumbing Code Adoption)
- Ord No. 50-023 - Adoption of 2012 IRC
- Resolution 106-2015 - Adopt (and modify) IRC
- 2006 to 2012 IRC Significant Changes
- Electrical Code changes with the adoption of the 2017 NEC
- Elevator Code changes with the adoption of the 2016 Elevator Safety Code, 2015 Existing Elevator Safety Code and 2014 Platform Lift and Stairway Chairlift Code.
- Mechanical Code changes with the adoption of the 2015 IMC, IRMC, and IFGC (International Mechanical Code)
- Plumbing Code changes with the adoption of the 2012 UPC
- Judge orders Goddard contractor to pay back money, cease operations
- General Contractor Renewal Letter
- Application for Contractors License
- MABCD Facts
- 2012 IBC (Intl. Building Code)
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
MABCD 2017 Goals
- Conduct technical planning regarding the move to 271 building. Conclude the physical move with minimal disruption to daily operations.
- Conclude migration of software upon moving into the new building including Hansen, Selectron, and Avolve
- Migrate all MABCD operations to SAP instead of City of Wichita Performance software. This migration will not include the Division of Housing & Nuisance which will remain a part of City of Wichita budget.
- Initiate review of 2015 trade and building code cycles.
- Complete all revisions of the MABCD Policy and Procedure manual.
- Hire a staff position, using CDBG funds, and implement the Court Liaison program, to grow private group capacity, and help low income, elderly, and disabled homeowners obtain assistance to resolve their housing and nuisance cases.
- Prepare amendments to the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) to present to City Council for adoption in the 4th quarter of 2016.
- Review plan examiner assignment procedures and re-evaluate permit issuance procedures.
- Complete sign code review and updates for City of Wichita and Sedgwick County sign codes separately.
- Study the implementation of dual plumbing codes within the Sedgwick County jurisdiction.