Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department
Mission: Ensuring that all residential and commercial structures are properly and safely planned, built, and maintained within Sedgwick County using national best practices while providing fair and equitable rules for the local building industry.
**New Address and Phone Numbers**
2017 - 2018 Building License Renewal
To see online classes available for Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical Continuing Education, please look under our Continuing Education & Contractor/Trade Testing webpage.
- Resolution 014-2018 Modify Nuisance Abatement
- Resolution 030-2018 Modify Stairway Guard Opening Limitations
- Resolution 042-2018 Wichita-Sedgwick County Unified Building and Trade Code Amended Table B
MABCD 2017 Goals
- Conduct technical planning regarding the move to 271 building. Conclude the physical move with minimal disruption to daily operations.
- Conclude migration of software upon moving into the new building including Hansen, Selectron, and Avolve
- Migrate all MABCD operations to SAP instead of City of Wichita Performance software. This migration will not include the Division of Housing & Nuisance which will remain a part of City of Wichita budget.
- Initiate review of 2015 trade and building code cycles.
- Complete all revisions of the MABCD Policy and Procedure manual.
- Hire a staff position, using CDBG funds, and implement the Court Liaison program, to grow private group capacity, and help low income, elderly, and disabled homeowners obtain assistance to resolve their housing and nuisance cases.
- Prepare amendments to the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) to present to City Council for adoption in the 4th quarter of 2016.
- Review plan examiner assignment procedures and re-evaluate permit issuance procedures.
- Complete sign code review and updates for City of Wichita and Sedgwick County sign codes separately.
- Study the implementation of dual plumbing codes within the Sedgwick County jurisdiction.