Find out which illnesses may be affecting the public and school-age children.
2016-2017 School Year Immunization Requirements
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) – five doses
- Polio – four doses
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) – two doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella – two doses
- Hib (Haemophilus influenza, type b) – 3 doses
- Pneumococcal – 4 doses for children less than 5
- Hepatitis A – two doses for children less than 5
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) – 1 dose grades 7-10
Schedule a Vaccination Clinic at Your School
Call the Sedgwick County Division of Health to schedule mobile vaccination clinics at your school. These clinics help ensure students receive vaccinations on time and help reduce the number of kids excluded from school because they are not up to date with required vaccinations. For more information or to schedule a clinic, call 660-7338 or visit the immunizations page.
If a suspected disease is included on the list above, use the online forms to report it.
If you need immediate assistance, please call the 24-hour Disease Reporting Hotline at 660-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report School Absentees
School nurses may use the School Absenteeism Reporting Form (requires a password) to report and track causes for absenteeism. This system allows local schools and the health department to track disease trends.