Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
What is available through the WIC program?
Sedgwick County’s staff of Registered Dietitians (RD) and Registered Nurses (RN) meet with WIC clients to provide:
- Nutrition education to help improve you and your family's eating habits and health
- Supplemental food checks to buy specific foods for good health
- Referrals to community and health agencies for additional support
- Free breastfeeding support and education classes via zoom! Classes are open to all
Who is eligible for WIC benefits?
To be eligible for the WIC program, women must meet income guidelines and be pregnant, breastfeeding or have recently delivered a baby. Children must be younger than five years of age. Program participants must receive a health exam by WIC staff and be found at medical and/or nutritional risk by a health professional.
If you have questions about the WIC program or have concerns about whether or not you and your family qualify, please call (316) 660-7444.
Visit www.kansaswic.org for more information and to view the income guidelines.
How do I use and manage my benefits?
eWIC (Electronic Food Benefit Card)
- Program participants receive their benefits via an electronic benefit card which can be used to purchase foods for all family members receiving WIC benefits.
- Allows participants to select which WIC foods they want to purchase during each store visit.
- Gives participants the ability to purchase WIC foods and non-WIC items in one translation.
- The WICShopper App informs clients about the foods that are approved by their WIC benefits. They can also scan item barcodes while shopping to check an item is WIC approved and view their specific benefits.
- To download the app to your smartphone, click here: Apple | Android
Where is WIC located?
WIC services are available at these locations:
9th St. Clinic & Administration
1900 E. 9th St. N., Wichita, KS 67214