Improve Oral Health
The Children’s Dental Clinic provides free dental care to eligible children from Wichita and Sedgwick County Schools. To be eligible for dental treatment at no cost to the family at the Sedgwick County Children’s Dental Clinic:
- the child must reside in Sedgwick County
- not be eligible for private dental insurance through a caregiver; or eligible for state insurance programs such as Medicaid or Sunflower Health Plan
- If the child is school aged, the child must be enrolled in school at time of dental services and be enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program.
- Children are encouraged to be seen by a dental professional as soon as their teeth start to grow in to prevent dental decay and educate the child’s caregiver on creating healthy dental habits
- Eligibility may be based off of income if the child does not have proof of being enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program.
The school nurse makes referrals for children to participate in the clinic. Wichita State University dental hygiene students receive clinical experience and instruction as they provide preventive care under the supervision of the staff hygienist. More than 29 volunteer dentists and oral surgeons from the community donate their time and services to address children's restorative and extraction needs.
For more information, call 316-660-7317.