File Your DD 214


Attention all servicemen and women!

The Sedgwick County Register of Deeds extends a vital service to our veterans: the opportunity to record their Military Discharge or DD214 form at absolutely no cost.

But why should you take advantage of this offer?
Filing your DD214 is crucial as it serves as tangible proof of your veteran status. This recorded discharge facilitates access to certified copies, invaluable when applying for benefits through the Veterans Administration or presenting evidence of military service when seeking employment. These certified copies, equivalent to the original, provide a safeguard against loss or destruction.

Wondering how to proceed?
Simply bring your original Member-4 document to our office. Upon filing, you'll receive your original document back along with five certified copies.

Concerned about privacy?
Rest assured, access to your DD214 is strictly controlled. Only the service member, their immediate family, or designated representatives are permitted access, as outlined in the DD214 Form Request.

How do I get a copy of my DD214?
To obtain a copy of your DD214, complete and sign a DD214 Form Request including a legible copy of your driver’s license and mail it to our office. Unfortunately, we cannot accept requests via fax or email, but you're welcome to visit us in person to complete the form and receive five certified copies.

For further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact our office at (316) 660-9400

Please note, as per KSA 73-210, we are only authorized to file original or certified copies of Military Discharges. If you've misplaced your original DD214, you can request a duplicate from the National Personnel Records Center.

We extend our sincerest gratitude to our veterans for their service and sacrifice. Thank you!