January 2022 Update
Register of Deeds Passport Acceptance Center
Telephone (316) 660-9400
Passport Acceptance Hours
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Location & Parking Information
Parking garage is located on the north side of the County Courthouse.
Photo can be taken in office for a fee of $15
Two passport photos are provided.
How to Apply
First-Time Applicant Requirements
- Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) completed in black ink.
- Applicants must be U. S. citizens.
- All applicants MUST appear in person.
- Both parents/guardians must appear for minors under the age of sixteen (16). If both parents/guardians cannot be present then click here for more information.
- Applicants age sixteen (16) and older must personally sign their passport application and have at least one parent or legal guardian present or have a letter of consent from one parent or legal guardian.
- Photographs should be 2 x 2 inches in size. Measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair) should be no less than 1 inch and no more than 1-3/8 inches.
- Photographs should be in color.
- Photographs must be clear images and have a plain white or light-colored background.
Proof of Citizenship
- A certified US Birth Certificate (with raised seal) from the state in which you were born (hospital certificates are not acceptable).
- A naturalization certificate or Report of Birth Abroad document.
Proof of Identity
- A state or federally issued picture ID such as a Driver's License, ID card or Military ID.
- Parental ID is required for children under the age of sixteen (16).
Passport Application Fees for First-Time Applicants
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Passport Fee Payable by check or money order ONLY to U. S. Department of State
Register of Deeds Execution Fee Payable by check, cash or credit card
|Adult Passport Book||$130.00||$35.00||$165.00|
|Adult Passport Card||$30.00||$35.00||$65.00|
|Adult Passport Book & Card||$160.00||$35.00||$195.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Book||$100.00||$35.00||$135.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Card||$15.00||$35.00||$50.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Book & Card||$115.00||$35.00||$150.00|
*All fees for the U.S. Dept. of State must be in the form of a check or money order.
*All fees for the Register of Deeds can be in the form of a check, cash, or credit card. (A convenience fee will be applied on all credit card transactions.)
*Fees are non-refundable.
For additional information or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please call (316) 660-9400, visit the Department of State website at travel.state.gov, or contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll-free at 1-877-487-2778.
Routine mail return time frame is ten to twelve weeks and expedite mail return time frame is four to six weeks.
- You are responsible for mailing your Form DS-82 to the National Passport Processing Center.
- The Register of Deeds Office will assist you in attaching your photo and check.
- The Office will also provide you with an addressed priority mail envelope; you are responsible for priority mail postage.
- Applicants under the age of sixteen (16), must apply in person using Form DS-11. You cannot use Form DS-82 to renew your passport.
If proper documentation is not provided and/or forms are not completed prior to the scheduled appointment time, you may have to reschedule your appointment.