April 2023 Update
We are an Appointment-Only Passport Facility, please call our office at 316-660-9400 to reserve your time.
Processing Times: Routine services are taking an estimated 10-13 weeks for processing. For an additional $60 per applicant, expedited services are taking an estimated 7-9 weeks for processing.
*Please note processing times do not start until the US Department of State receives the application. To start processing times sooner, please contact us for mailing options.
These processing times apply to applications submitted by mail and in-person at an acceptance facility in your community. Most acceptance facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries are open and accepting passport applications. Apply by mail when possible because it is a safe, contactless option for certain services.
For Additional Information:
Register of Deeds Passport Acceptance Center
Telephone (316) 660-9400
Passport Acceptance Hours
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Location & Parking Information
100 N Broadway, Ste 105
Wichita KS 67202
Parking garage is located on the west side of the Ruffin Building.
Photo can be taken in office for a fee of $15
Two passport photos are provided.
How to Apply
First-Time Applicant Requirements
- Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) completed in black ink.
- Applicants must be U. S. citizens.
- All applicants MUST appear in person.
- Both parents/guardians must appear for minors under the age of sixteen (16). If both parents/guardians cannot be present, then click here for more information.
- Applicants aged sixteen (16) and older must personally sign their passport application and have at least one parent or legal guardian present or have a letter of consent from one parent or legal guardian.
- Photographs should be 2 x 2 inches in size. Measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair) should be no less than 1 inch and no more than 1-3/8 inches.
- Photographs should be in color.
- Photographs must be clear images and have a plain white or light-colored background.
Proof of Citizenship
- A certified US Birth Certificate (with raised seal) from the state in which you were born (hospital certificates are not acceptable).
- A naturalization certificate or Report of Birth Abroad document.
Proof of Identity
- A state or federally issued picture ID such as a Driver's License, ID card or Military ID.
- Parental ID is required for children under the age of sixteen (16).
Passport Application Fees for First-Time Applicants
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Passport Fee Payable by check or money order ONLY to U. S. Department of State
Register of Deeds Execution Fee Payable by check, cash or credit card
|Adult Passport Book||$130.00||$35.00||$165.00|
|Adult Passport Card||$30.00||$35.00||$65.00|
|Adult Passport Book & Card||$160.00||$35.00||$195.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Book||$100.00||$35.00||$135.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Card||$15.00||$35.00||$50.00|
|Minor Under 16 Passport Book & Card||$115.00||$35.00||$150.00|
*All fees for the U.S. Dept. of State must be in the form of a check or money order.
*All fees for the Register of Deeds can be in the form of a check, cash, or credit card. (A convenience fee will be applied on all credit card transactions.)
*Fees are non-refundable.
For additional information or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please call (316) 660-9400, visit the Department of State website at travel.state.gov, or contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll-free at 1-877-487-2778.
Routine mail return time frame is ten to twelve weeks and expedite mail return time frame is four to six weeks.
- You are responsible for mailing your Form DS-82 to the National Passport Processing Center.
- The Register of Deeds Office will assist you in attaching your photo and check.
- The Office will also provide you with an addressed priority mail envelope; you are responsible for priority mail postage.
- Applicants under the age of sixteen (16), must apply in person using Form DS-11. You cannot use Form DS-82 to renew your passport.
If proper documentation is not provided and/or forms are not completed prior to the scheduled appointment time, you may have to reschedule your appointment.